To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Monday, July 31, 2006

The following are incidents caused by our Senior Citizen community. I used to think that they were isolated incidents here in South Florida but I'm sure the U.S. is covered with them. I will cover this in countdown formation...let me begin:


4.) Most old people here are rude as hell. They'll bump into you or hit you with a shopping cart and won't apologize for it. If you're in a busy store like Walmart, and we all know they're busy 24/7, they try to squeeze in between you and the throng of people there and almost knock my daughter down. WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!

3.) Having to go after them at the Supermarket line. This happens to me quite often. Most of the time, I mean about 90-95% of the time, I will have only one or two things to buy and one of them will cut me off to the line with their shopping carts filled to the brim. Now, most people, including myself, will allow a person with only 1 or 2 things go ahead of me if I have a filled shopping cart. It's polite. But not the Seniors. Oh, no. They don't have to if they don't want to and they take their sweet time putting the items on the moving counter and paying and asking a million questions. When you see another cashier open their register and yell "Next!" you try to go over there but you've been behind this Senior so long that a line has formed behind you and they'll get there before you. So no matter what, you're screwed and might as well wait.

2.) I've been in retail for many years and have noticed that the elderly are at the top of the list for shop lifting above all others. Just the other day at my job, Petsmart, someone will ask me about a certain accessory that goes with an air pump for their aquarium. When I tell them that by purchasing this particular air pump it already includes the accessory, I come back 5 minutes later and see the air pump box opened and on the floor with the accessory missing. Never fails. Also, I'll see the old couples opening merchandise to look through it and when I go back 5 minutes later a few things will be missing.

1.) Absolutely the worst drivers aross the country coming close to an angry drunk behind the wheel. When they drive, they drive incredibly slow at about 15-20 mph...while practically on top of the wheel. How can they possible drive like that?! I tried it once in my neighborhood. Moved my chair up all the way against the wheel and almost crashed immediately. You have no chance of reacting to something unexpected. What else? They constantly mistake the accelerator pedal for the brake pedal. I'm so tired of hearing about some old person that drove through a business or someone's house, or that particular open market in some small quiet neighborhood. Plowed through I don't know how many people including children for 3 whole blocks. Same excuse. "I thought I was pressing the brake pedal." The worst? A little girl got hit while riding her bicycle....ON THE SIDEWALK!! By none other than one of our beloved senior citizens. I'm sorry...but if I can't drive when I'm old because I can barely see or I can't react quickly enough to divert an accident, then I won't drive. Better than taking a human life.

Sorry, it's just that Miami sucks and it's full of rude, ignorant, beligerent, and greedy people. Can't wait to get the hell out.

6 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Elderly people driving really gets to me.....I believe that after a certain age they should have to be tested annually. I used to be a paralegal for an attorney's office that did personal injury....I can't tell you how many accident were caused by old people mistaking the gas pedal for the brake.

I didn't realize that old folks shoplifted....I worked for a couple years in retail but I worked for a store that was geared toward younger people so we didn't get many old folks.....that's interesting.

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

PS Where would you go if you move? Just wondering....most people would say FL is an idea place to live....lol

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

Funny you should say that because whenever I get into that subject I say the same thing about having them tested but I say once a month. Their ailments can get bad from one day to the next.

Well, I don't necessarily work for a store that gears to old people...it's a petstore called Petsmart in the Aquatics department so I get kids with their parents as well as the elderly.

I don't know about the rest of Florida but South Florida is the absolute worst place anyone can move to. You can't look anyone directly in the eye or they think you're "Tryng" them. You have to think twice before you beep at someone in the street because you the run the chance of offending them and they start to follow you. You know...at this point I'd go anywhere but here. I was thinking somewhere in Central Florida like Orlando or Kissimmee, maybe Knoxville, TN or somewhere near my brother, Pavel. You know him?

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

I wish I would've known you a year ago....I had two goldfish that Santa Brought my son....now the goldfish cost 89 cents a piece but I spent 200 dollars trying to keep the damn things alive, switching tanks and filters, cleaners, special foods, etc.....one died and I snuck out and replaced it before he got home. Finally they both died and he was heartbroken....I figured I'm just not meant to own fish.

Orlando is nice....but I've only visited. TN is a pretty good place to live from what I hear. I've visited quite a few times, it's not that far of a drive from where I live. Well, where ever you decide to go I hope it makes you happy. :-)

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Orly! You named your blog, "tobehorriblyunclear?"

ROFL!!!

YOU MAKING FUN OF ME!!???

LMAO!

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

Well, my area of expertise is fish and anything to do with aquatics but I also know some basics on small animals, i.e. ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, dogs and cats so any questions or advice if getting any future animals...just let me know.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home