To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Job Interview!!

I'm really excited about this because it's a really good chance to get out of where I am right now. I'm a bit tired of having to look after the animals in my store. They live a better life than I do and that simply won't do. They get their bedding changed, water twice a day. Fed twice a day. Get sliced oranges and chopped carrots. They get cc doses of medicine whenever they are sick courtesy of the onsite vet office. Screw it. I'm tired of animals.

I have a job interview at Blockbuste Video. I'm going to take it because it's a chance to start fresh and work in something familiar at the same time. I used to work for Blockbuster...3 times actually. The reason I have my foot in the door is because this particular Blockbuster is literally 2 minutes from my home. About 20 minutes walking distance. They see us there almost every day and know us by name. The store manager loves when we come by with the little one. Always gives her balloons. The rest of the staff always gives us recommendations for the latest movies or shows without us having to ask. It's almost like Cheers.

So I asked one of the employees if he happened to know if they were hiring and he told me "As a matter of fact, we are. We need a lot of people for the next few months and since you've already worked for Blockbuster before we'd keep you permanently after the holidays. Go apply and speak to Naydine, I'm almost sure I just mispelled her name, after you apply." I applied and had to wait a week because she was out of town. When I went to return a movie this afternoon she was there and first thing she told me when I walked through the door was "I have good news." Turns out my application went through and was green lighted...this means I did good....and she wanted me to come in this Wednesday for an interview. So, pray for me, cross your fingers, wish me luck or whatever it is you believe in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Hey! This is great news and I will, ahem, "pray for you, cross my finger, wish you luck, etc..."

Heck, I'll even sacrifice a live chicken if it'll help!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

Thank you weenieman. I'm sure praying, crossing your fingers and wishing me luck helps some but I know that sacrificing a live chicken will really do the trick.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

Dude, if you are sacrificing chickens, I want to watch. I just don't think you have it in you.

Orly, I almost missed this!! Sorry, go t distracted! SUPER happy about the interview and I'm sure you will do well. But just in case: GOOD LUCK, WELL WISHES, LOTS OF PRAYERS, A HANDFUL OF CANDLES AND ONE CHICKEN!!

Think that's enough? HUGS!!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home