To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Favorite Movie quotes


The Count of Monte Cristo:
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you: as Albert Mondego, the man!”

Cinderella Man:
“Jesus H. Christ! Jesus Mary and Joseph! All the saints and martyrs and Jesus! Did I mention Jesus?”

Bruce Almighty
“Yes, behind every great man, there’s a woman rolling her eyes, folks.”

We Were Soldiers
“Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: I can hear you laughing you know.
Julie Moore: I'm not laughing, I'm marveling.
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: At what?
Julie Moore: That you can find stubbornness in your children and think it comes from anywhere but you...”

Boiler Room:
“And there is no such thing as a no sale call. A sale is made on every call you make. Either you sell the client some stock or he sells you a reason he can't. Either way a sale is made, the only question is who is gonna close? You or him? Now be relentless, that's it, I'm done.”

“Anybody who tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fucking have any.”

“There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the fucking President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.”

“I had a very strong work ethic. The problem was my ethics in work.”

Superman/Superman Returns:
“They can be a great people, Kal-El, if they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.”

Interview with the Vampire:
“Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves.”

White Squall:
“You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going.”
White Men Can’t Jump:
“Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him. There's a difference man. Just because you’re listening to him doesn't mean you're hearing him.”

The Last Samurai:
“Katsumoto: You believe a man can change his destiny?
Algren: I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed.”

Rocky:
“You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!”

“Women weaken legs!”

Rocky IV:
“Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life.”

Rocky Balboa:
“What is it you said to the kid? The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very rough, mean place... and no matter how tough you think you are, it'll always bring you to your knees and keep you there, permanently... if you let it. You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit... it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit.”

Clerks:
“You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you.”

Mallrats:
“Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator!”

“You're gonna listen to me? To something I said? Hasn't it become abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know shit?”

Chasing Amy:
“All every woman really wants, be it mother, senator, nun, is some serious deep-dickin'”

The Godfather:
“I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.”

The Punisher:
“In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No. Not vengeance. Punishment.”

Biloxi Blues:
“You would need three promotions to be an asshole.”

“Once you start compromising your thoughts, you're a candidate for mediocrity.”

Batman Begins:
“It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.”


There are a lot more but I can't remember them all. I looked throughout my DVD collection, I have almost 700, and this is what I got so far. I'll continue posting as I remember more. Feel free to post some of your own. As you can see, I'm a movie fanatic. One of the greatest things ever invented next to the written word, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Looooove the quotes. Have you seen Clerks 2 yet? If you are a Kevin Smith fan....it's a must see! I thought it was funnier than the first one.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

Yes, I'm definitely a Kevin Smith fan. I even like the movie Jersey Girl which isn't part of the original movie series. After watching Clerks last night, I think I might take your advice and go see Clerks 2. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home