To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bittersweet

I just got back from my interview and I must say that was the best interview of all interviews I've ever had and that's saying something because I've had quite a few.

My interview lasted exactly an hour and ten minutes and that's a sure way of knowing that it either went well or you're hired. We talked about all the changes that's been made since I last worked for them and all the good benefits and bonuses. She was really impressed by my previous experience.

The only thing that scared me for a millisecond was when she said she was still waiting for my background check to come in and it had already been a few days since she sent it in. But then I remembered that Blockbuster's background checks were always a joke...it wasn't exactly a criminal background check...it's weird...don't know how to explain it and more than half the time it never came back anyways because their human resources was too busy doing whatever it is they do.

She told me what my starting pay was going to be, sign #1, and that I have orientation on Saturday. I just have to wait to do the new employee paperwork because the background check hasn't come in yet but if by Friday it still hasn't come in yet then she'd call me in on Friday to come in and do my paperwork before the orientation. So pretty much....I GOT THE JOB!!


The reason I called this bittersweet is because I was scared about the background check but I'm not worried about it anymore...still, until I go in to fill out the new employee paperwork, I'm going to be on edge.

3 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

CONGRATS!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! I've been out of the loop but trying to catch up....missed ya!

Thursday, October 26, 2006  
Blogger mindtwister said...

Congrats on the job man!!

Sometimes I miss working there because of all the movies you get to watch. Good Luck!

Thursday, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

WOOOOOO! I'm dancing for you! Orly! I am so happy for you. That was a long interview and you are right about the usual outcome.

((((((HUGS))))))

Friday, October 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home