To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Friday, September 01, 2006

DOAP Mockumentary


A T.V. Channel over in the UK has produced a fake documentary called Death of a President about the fictional assassination of our President, George W. Bush. The film will be using cutting edge effects that is "shockingly real" to show Dubya being shot by a Syrian sniper in 2007. Obviously, we here in the States will not get to see this but it will also play at the Toronto Internation Film Festival.

I don't have any political views or ideals but even for those who are anti-bush this seems to be a bit over the top. I'm all for free speech and all that jazz but this can give out a sensationalistic, bandwagon "hate Bush", mob mentality that isn't needed. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Um, lots to say to this. Well, I'm not a "W" fan, at all. I have been disappointed by most of his presidency and the way he has chosen to handle things. However, I don't think creating a "snuff film" is the way to go. I can understand the hatred that he has bred in other countries, just because he has bred that here, too. But I don't think allowing, and even publicizing, something as monumental as that could do anything but harm.

There, I think I said all of that without getting too political.

Friday, September 01, 2006  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

I completely agree with pinky (as usual...lol) This is a little over the top.

Friday, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

I'm not one to get into politics. Don't have heavy discussions about it and all that kind of stuff. The most I ever got into it was when a close friend of mine left to the United States Army reserves and I was trying to understand his reasons for going...especially with everything going on in the middle east as well as Israel vs. Libya and I remember telling him why go to a war that everyone believes to be over oil and not the reasons we're being told? Again, I don't know much about politics and I may be talking out of my a$$ here.

Friday, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home