To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Hi. My name is Orlando and I'm a cleptomaniac...

Hi Orlando!!

We, me, my wife and daughter, were at Blockbuster to get Keifer Sutherland's new movie, the Sentinel (I'll post a review once I watch it). As we're walking towards the car my daughter says "Look, I like this candy." Then we notice she had a baby bottle pop candy that she had taken from the store. We told her we were going to go back into the store and she was going to give the cashier the candy back and apologize but I think we might have come off a bit strong to her because when we got back to the car she seemed to be embarrassed and sad. I guess my feelings towards this got the best of me since I had/have problems dealing with theft. Like I said in a previous post, it's border line addiction like a heroin junky or alcoholic. I was debating whether or not to talk about it because it is shameful and I feel embarrassed around those who know about previous exploits. It's something I wish I've completely overcome but it's only been a few months since my last "fix". I don't know if I can "officially" say I am a cleptomaniac since I have not been "officially" diagnosed with this problem. Can you be diagnosed with it? It's caused a few problems like getting fired from a job or getting arrested and spending two and a half hours in jail and let me tell you...the starting process before they place you in their cell is VERY demeaning (did I spell that right?)...have spent a large amount of money which my mother was kind enough and motherly enough to help me and help me through it by not judging me and saying it was simply a mistake which cost me, and her, a lot and to learn from it. I was close to being arrested before for the same reason but was lucky or God was looking out and walked away from it but did I learn after all that? I'm not sure. I swear to myself and make promises to my daughter that I will never do it again especially after having my wife and daughter presented at my arrest. I had never been at a lower point than that. I want to ask for help but don't know what to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Don't be embarassed or ashamed....we all have our demons that we struggle with. I have to admit that I don't have the courage that you do to actually post mine....but I will tell you that I will not judge you. The first and biggest step to correcting a problem is admitting to having a problem. Thank you for opening up and sharing....you are a very brave man and I think you have already found the inspiration that you need. ~Hugs~

Saturday, September 02, 2006  
Blogger Carrie said...

I've been thinking about this for a few days now. I have to agree with RG. I am the last person that is going to judge you. My brother actually gave me rules for stealing! Who I could and couldn't steal from and why.

Also, I used to be mixed up in a lot of drugs. Not play time either, hard stuff. I stole, lied, cheated to get drugs. I am so far from the girl it's not funny, but my daughter was my biggest inspiration to remain clean.

I was clean when I got married the first time and the life I wanted for my daughter kept me that way. I believe that RG is right, you have found inspiration and you are very, very brave. Even though it's a blog, it's still the way you feel and it's hard to put it out there for any number of people to read. I'm super proud of you for being able to do that. You are strong enough to give your daughter the life she needs and guide her in the way she should go.

BIG Smushes!!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home