To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Classics

If you were to ask a 4 year old girl what her favorite song is, what do you think she would tell you? I'm sure you'd think something off of Barney or the Spongebob Squarepants theme song or some wacky song off a cartoon. Well, no my daughter of course. It is none other than Van Halen's Love Walks In, whose video I have played before in this post and I know exactly how it became her favorite song. Here is my story:

My car has a bum speaker...the one in the backseat left hand side and it was affecting the front left side speaker as well as long as the back speaker was still connected. I guess the wire was coming loose little by little because I started to hear a signal coming out of the front left speaker for once where as before there was nothing but the right side. So I started to play something grand like Van Halen's Love Walks In. I remember playing a lot especially with her in the car and one day I remember hearing her kind of signing the melody of some song that sounded familiar to be but couldn't place it. Then one day I'm playing the song in the car after I picked up her from school and notice another voice singing along with Sammy but I'm thinking it's a doubled track or something but it's awfully high pitched. Then I look in the rear view mirror and to my surprise she's singing along word for word. Now, every day she wants to hear her "favorite" song that starts with "Contact..."...the first word of the song. lol. I couldn't stop laughing.

But I'm not done. What else could there be you say? Well, she's had this obsession with the first ever made Mighty Morphin Power Rangers movie these last few weeks. Well, it turns out that the last song of the movie right before going into the credits is none other than Van Halen's Dreams. So now she knows that the people that play her favorite song also plays the Power Rangers song at the end so I hear those two songs almost every day. Hey, better that then The Wiggles.



World turns black and white
Pictures in an empty room
Your love starts fallin' down
Better change your tune
Yeah, you reach for the golden ring
Reach for the sky
Baby, just spread your wings

We'll get higher and higher
Straight up we'll climb
We'll get higher and higher
Leave it all behind

Run, run, run away
Like a train runnin' off the track
Got the truth bein' left behind
Falls between the cracks
Standin' on broken dreams
Never losin' sight, ah
Well just spread your wings

We'll get higher and higher
Straight up we'll climb
We'll get higher and higher
Leave it all behind

So baby dry your eyes
Save all the tears you've cried
Oh, that's what dreams are made of
'Cause we belong in a world that must be strong
Oh, that's what dreams are made of

Yeah, we'll get higher and higher
Straight up we'll climb
Higher and higher
Leave it all behind
Oh, we'll get higher and higher
Who knows what we'll find?

So baby dry your eyes
Save all the tears you've cried
Oh, that's what dreams are made of
Oh baby, we belong in a world that must be strong
Oh, that's what dreams are made of

And in the end on dreams we will depend
'Cause that's what love is made of

2 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

That's too cute! My son's favorite song when he was 3 yrs old was "Here for the Party" by Gretchen Wilson. It was too funny to see a lil' kid singing "I'm here for the beer and the ball busting band" although my mother didn't find it amusing....lol

Wednesday, October 18, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

RNGirl: I don't know why but it sounds so...alien, is the only way to describe it, to hear a 4 year old sing along with Van Halen, in your case Gretchen Wilson, because they have remarkable memory. It's awesome. The earliest age I remember getting into my brother's cd collection was around 9 or 10 and it ranged from KISS, Damn Yankees, Skid Row (brother Priamo) to Yes, Rush, Spyro Gyra (brother Pavel). Alls I can say is thanx guys.

Thursday, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home