To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Um...yeah

Sorry for not having a proper title but I'm not feeling very inspired to come up with a witty title. There are a lot of things that I'm not happy with in my life and some I have come to terms with and some I have not. One of them is still living with my in laws. Living in this house feels more like a prison sentence than simply living in a home. Now some of you might be saying "how bad can it be?" or "you couldn't have been there that long for it to be that bad." Well, try living six years with your inlaws. Not just mommy and daddy in law but a little brother and older brother in law. Plus all the baggage that comes along with the entire family. I'm not going to bother typing every single thing that's wrong with this family because this would be one LONG post. The 2 people I can't stand the most, I mean I could go the rest of my life without having any contact with these people and I would die a happy man is my wife's second cousin and her dad, my father in law.

2.) Susan. This is the biggest snob I have ever met. The woman talks on and on....for the simple fact that she likes to hear herself talk. She has no tact whatsoever and doesn't think of things before she says them. She has this holier than though attitude that just makes me want to punch her in the face.

1.) Ah, the father in law. I only wish living with such a person, being in contact with such a person to only my absolute worst enemy...to someone I absolutely despise. This man has a short temper and whatever he says is the end. His only justification for throwing a fit or temper tantrum and yelling at a pregnant woman, yes, my wife, is because this is his house and he'll talk to HIS daughter however he wants. Well, it's my wife and my daughter in there. While I tried to calm the situation by trying to sit down with him and talk about things peacefully all he can do is get in my face and tell me that it's his house and if I don't like it I can get the hell out. This is the man that would come banging and kicking at my bedroom door whenever my daughter, who at the time was only about 4 or 5 months old, because the baby was crying and it was annoying him. We either shut the baby up or get out. This went on for about a month or two. I barely slept and eventually had a nervous breakdown at work because of it. Screaming and cursing in front of me, my wife, and daughter to shut her up. It's a baby.


To this day if she whines a bit here and there while we try to show discipline that apparently throws him off his game of PC chess or warcraft or whatever game he's playing and starts yelling and scream to get her to shut up. Screaming all kinds of vulgar words in spanish. He has yet to pull something like that in front of me and my daughter but I fear that day if it comes because God knows what I'm capable of.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really one to give advice on how to stay calm and let it roll off of your shoulders, so I don't know how helpful I could be.

It really sounds as though you are in a bad situation, and that there is a lot of friction between you guys. I am sorry to hear that is happening.

I just hope that you can step back and breathe long enough to think of any consequences that may happen to you because of an outburst or worse.

My thoughts are with you man....I "know" it's tough. I had to do it all with step family before.

Hang in there!

Monday, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home