To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Movies Update!!

Hello all. Since I am very attached to the world of hollywood, always following every bit of news on any upcoming movie that's coming out, I figured there are a lot of movie fans, like myself, out there that maybe isn't up to speed with hollywood. So I decided to post any and all info here. Let's get started:


Austin Powers 4: As I understand, I have not seen it, The Love Guru was not well received and I have read that Mike Myers is going back to this franchise to possible revive his career, even if a little bit.

I am a huge fan of the Austin Powers series but this may be pushing it. I have mixed feelings about it because the series was pretty much at the end of what I call the "pop culture" era. In my opinion, whatever pop culture we have going on now is...for lack of a better word, crap. To risk doing a 4th sequel risks damaging this franchise. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

There is not much info on movie plot other than it'll be in the perspective of Dr. Evil and his son Scott played by Seth Green and their relationship.


Terminator : Salvation: Now that is one bad ass looking Terminator. This is a franchise I'm happy to say can be brought back again because of the space between each movie so it seems fresh.

It seems that Christian Bale is working on all 4 cylinders since he's managed to always be in a movie every few months or so whether it's a blockbuster hit like The Dark Knight or in a much smaller role like the Machinist (great movie to rent by the way). He will be playing the pivotal role of John Conner, leader of the human resistance in the post apocalyptic world we've been longing to see.

I have not been able to find out if Arnold Schwarzenegger will be making any kind of cameos but they did however recruit Roland Kickinger, a fellow austrian playing a T-800 Terminator. Roland Kickinger has played the Governor himself in the Biographical/comdey/dramatic story that splits between when Arnold was training for the Mr. Olympic '74 and when he decided to run for Governor in '03. Roland is very much built like Arnold during his bodybuilding days and does a pretty decent job acting like Arnie but it remains to be seen whether he's pretending to be Arnie pretending to be the Terminator.

My only concern is that the movie is stated to be PG-13 which in my opinion may limit the movie a bit but after seeing The Dark Knight, I may be wrong. Terminator: Salvation in theaters May 2009.


Evil Dead 4: This idea has been thrown around for a while for years now but it seems that the almighty Sam Raimi who directed the entire Spider-Man series is finally going to bring cult phenomenon the Evil Dead back to the screen.

It is currently unclear whether it will be a remake of the original or if it will be a sequel starring Bruce Campbell.


Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: A lot of people did not fare this movie well and I don't understand why. Sure, Jason Lee's character had moments where he seems to be acting like the original Dave from the animated cartoons of the 80's making him sound a bit cheesy and out of place but that added to the nostalgia.

It seems that it's been confirmed that the sequel is already in the works.


Harold and Kumar 3: Apparently this was always planned to be a trilogy joining other great trilogies like Lord of the Rings, Spider-Man and the Matrix. Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay was just released this past Tuesday and I must say it was a great continuation of the ethnic stoners. It's a bit more raunchy from the original and obviously not recommended to be watch when children are in the house.


The Hobbit: It's been confirmed that Sir Ian McKellen will be reprising his role as Gandalf the Grey for the long awaited The Hobbit. No other word on who will be signing up for the movie, only rumored that Andy Serkis will be reprising the role of Gollum. Unfortunately, Peter Jackson will not be directing it but just producing it with Guillermo Del Toro at the helm. According to imdb.com the movie is stated to come out in December 2011.


I will take a break for now as there are tons of movies I want to tell you about. Let me know what you think.

P.S. Is everyone going to watch and re-watch the Dark Knight?? COME ON!! Let's help it beat the Titanic as the highest grossing film of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home