To Be Horribly Unclear

I'm here to rant and rave about every day life as well as asking some questions and getting some answers.

Monday, August 21, 2006

World Trade Center review

I saw it a few days ago but was a bit busy with work and going through a wonderful process that is my child's first few days of school. I am here now and wanted to share my experience watching this movie.

Synopsis
The movie is inspired by the true story of two Port Authority police officers John McLoughlin and Will Jimeno. On September 11, 2001 American Airlines Flight 11 was hijacked while still in the air and used as a weapon against against the North Tower of New York City's World Trade Center. McLoughlin and Jimeno were part of a rescue team that were among the first on the scene and start preparing to enter North Tower, unaware that United Airlines Flight 175 had hit the South Tower as well. With a small group of others they rush inside the burning building.

This is a well made movie as well as a tear-jerker. It is not the typical Oliver Stone movie which usually plays off the conspiracy theories like "JFK". Do not expect a movie that shows the hows and whys of what happened. It's more of an isolating storyline based on the two courageous Police Officers that were trapped under the rubble and what their families go through not knowing whether they're dead or alive. There is a particular heart wrenching moment when the wife of Will Jimeno askes her father "How do I tell my child her father is gone?" Being a father myself I have a real soft spot to situations in movies where children lose their mother and/or father so needless to say I was choked up for most of the movie.
I'm glad they released this movie. I was growing tired of the few hollywood execs that decided on digitally removing the World Trade Center towers from movies and shows. Whether or not this country wants to forgive those that trespass against us is entirely up to them but I don't see why we want to forget. Whether it was by the hands of terrorists or as some consipracy theorists say in the hands of certain powerful people in our government we just have to make sure that it never happens again.
I kept thinking about this song while typing this. Thought I would slap it on here.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Not sure if I can go to the theater to see this one....I should probably wait until it comes out on video and watch it with a box of kleenex.

Monday, August 21, 2006  
Blogger Orlando said...

Believe me you will need that box of kleenex. My wife couldn't stop crying as soon as the first plane hit until the end of the movie

Monday, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home